Broadwindsor Group Parish Council is not a planning authority and as such does not have any legal planning powers. The Parish Council is however a statutory consultee and must be notified of all planning applications and results within the Grouped Parish. Councillors are asked to look at applications, consult with the local community and provide observations. Members of the community can also comment on applications independently.
You can search and track planning applications in West Dorset, find decisions, get guidance and advice on planning permission and learn more about planning policy online at, www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/planning-buildings-land/planning/planning-application-search-and-comment.aspx
The Parish Council is currently consulting on the following applications which will be reported at its meeting on 14 February.
*WD/D/21/000123, Land South of Fullers, Bridport Road, Broadwindsor (amended scheme)
* Summary of Amendments to Scheme (WD/D/21/000123)
- Plots S1 to S-7 reconfigured to allow revised turning head and junction design, and to facilitate the provision of visitor car parking, car parking access to S-5-S7 eased
- Plot 8 relocated further away from northern boundary and floor plan layout revised to improve relationship with neighbouring properties and to take advantage of open countryside views.
- Plots 9 and 19 relocated to terminate view into site from entrance road and create an “arrival” place
- Turning head relocated and junction geometry improved to create arrival place and to eliminate undefined spaces
- Plots 16, 17, 18 relocated and revised to facilitate provision of on-street create visitor parking opposite
- Plot 20 revised, now with integral garage
- Plots 21 and 22 revised and relocated further away from southern boundary, now terminating view into courtyard
- Courtyard garage provision reduced, amount of hard surfacing reduced
- Planting increased along southern and western boundaries
- Bin collection requirement annotated
You can comment directly regarding all these applications on the Dorset Council website or to the Parish Council.
Public Meeting Notes 30 May 2017 (WD/D/17/000800 Land South of Fullers, Bridport Road, Broadwindsor)