Data protection ensures that information held about you is processed in accordance with the rights provided in the Data Protection Act 1998. This safeguards and prohibits any non-compliant or unauthorised processing. The Act also gives you the right to:
- Know what information is being held about you
- Know what your information is being used for and why
- Know where the information came from and who has accessed it
- Request access to your information
- Take action to block, rectify, erase or destroy inaccurate data
You can request access to find out what information Broadwindsor Group Parish Council holds about you by contacting the Council in writing or online.
The Information Commissioner’s Office website provides a wealth of information and documents about data protection. Broadwindsor Group Parish Council is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and a full account of the reasons for which we process information is available on their website.